Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekly Running Update


I can’t quite figure out what try of content I want to post, I decided that at least once a week and post some updates about my running. I always wonder how many miles or how many times a week do you have to run to consider yourself a runner. I average around 30 miles a week, but I would like to average somewhere around 35-40 miles a week. I would like to try to get in a long run at least once a week of 10+ miles. I'm still working on getting myself out there and setting a block of time so I can do it. This past week of 2/6 – 2/12/12 I put in 33 miles.

On Sunday I went to the Lake Pflugerville and ran with a friend once around the lake. This is maybe the second time I’ve ever run with another person. I usually like to run by myself because I don’t usually make plans or like to stick to someone else’s plans. I have to say it wasn’t that bad and made the time seem to go by faster. I was thinking I would like to try to with a partner or a group of my friends maybe once or twice a month.

On another note, I’ve run through my first pair of shoes for 2012, it doesn’t seem like a big deal for a lot of people, but it’s exciting to know that you can go out and get another pair and take them out for a run as soon as you get home. It takes me back to when I was a kid and it was the night before the first day of school and I would lay out my clothes on the floor, I would even put my socks into my shoes. I was so excited then and I’m excited now knowing that I’m going to be shoe shopping soon.


If you have any questions please feel free to leave it in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment